The last week and a half has been awesome....time to work, time to clean, time to mow....and most importantly the laundry is all done = happy guy who has OCD.
Big thanks to Chris K for giving me the blog new title. I just love the double meaning....the future is TBD ...but also the alternate meaning of being determined: to be determined in training, and to be determined when racing. Love it.
It couldn't be more true of my schedule right now either...as I try to figure out what to do the rest of the year....and as I also start to plan for next year. Seems kind of odd to say in the middle of THIS year!
Right now I am leaning toward doing only 70.3's next year. Maybe look for two or three of them. I'm not sure I can handle another Ironman schedule next year.
But then again ...I'm not sure I can go without IM next year!
I have about 40 days to decide....but who's counting right Kevin?!
Also I have dumped the trail marathon next month. I need a little more time off and I am now looking at doing Whistlestop marathon in October which I think falls one week after TCM.
My buddy who was going to do the Birkie trail marathon with me magically scored an entry into the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike race. He celebrated by riding 120 miles on his mountain bike on Sunday...totally s i c k.
I have been on easy street with one completed workout in 8 days. Time for the party to end and get back to work .... starting tomorrow ... excuses excuses ...
21 comments:
I'm glad your starting to get back to life after IM training. I like your plan of doing several 70.3's next year. That just sounds fun instead of intensely overwhelming. Congrats on the IM.
Ha dude, love it.
IMOO is on my list. Not for 2012 though. :) I am waiting for Kevin's report. ;)
Love it!!!
Yes, scheduling is nuts. I scalped my yard a month ago in the middle of a 90 degree week :) Meaning have not cut it since. Hopefully it comes back this fall???? ugh.
I must admit I actually have garden services that do my garden once a week. Between, work, training and family activities I seldom get time for that. Looking at my long term plans this is not going to improve over the next few years. Enjoy easing back into training.
NO WAY I could have dealt with a lawn or anything house related during the Ironman build up. There was hardly any time to cook food some nights.
Way to catch up. Hows it going getting back into a "normal" routine? I still wanna ride one more Century this season and just hammer it.
My secret to lawn care? Chop it down to a ridiculously short height and then stop watering. It browned up nicely now I have to mow it once every other week at the most. So far, so good.
39 days!!
If you decide to sign up for 2012, I will totally come chill in the volunteer sign up line with you on Monday morning.
This is great and I am going to hide your blog from my wife. She will just have to understand as we go through it for 2 next year that mowing, folding, cleaning are not chores I am going to be doing.
I haven't told you yet but CONGRATS on an INCREDIBLE Ironman! I'm so impressed and so happy for you and SO glad I got to meet you before you slaughtered that course! You are an Ironman and an absolute rock star of a triathlete!!
I like your new blog title too!!
That picture of the lawn cracked me up! Good thing my husband mows our lawn, b/c if it was up to me it wouldn't get done!!!
Leadville !!!! That is RAD !! That is like winning an M dot LOTTERY.
70.3 seems sufficient to me, but your Ironmen/women are a different breed. Yard looks great man :-)
If you do decide to go long next year tell your wife I said it's OK to hire a gardener.
Love the new title, and the new background!
Here... let me help you with planning for 2012:
- 6am spin classes at SLP LTF
- Ironman San Juan 70.3 in MARCH...
- ... so I have someone to do trainer rides/freezing cold runs with during the winter
That is all. :)
HAHAHAH wooooowwwww. No, that is absolutely not all. My roommate just came in to check on me because she thought I was crying. Laughing hysterically at that video!
Just sit back and relax buddy! I am currently up 12 lbs since IM. You wanna make a competition out of it and see who can become more fat and happy? The winner gets a cream filled donut -- oops I must have won earlier today!
You need teenagers to cut that lawn. It worked for us! lol ;)
If you moved back to water deprived Colorado, you don't even NEED to water your yard more than once a month - so IM training is all ok!! Bonus, you can run the trails here with me - we have tons of trail races....even the Leadville 100 RUN! :)
Sooooooo toga man is good for something. ;) [don't tell but I secretly dig him when I'm not harping on him].
Love the lawn!!!
Congrats on the IM...and first time I came across your blog, and agree about the title :)
It's addicting isn't it? So IMMOO a possibility? Come to Florida! :)
Nice title! That lawn pic is hilarious, my apartment looks like someone broke in, ransacked it and kidnapped me.
You need to come back to blogland, I miss you!!! I ran the Pikes Peak Ascent last weekend and thought about you when it got really tough - you and your amazing IM!! Hope you're doing great!!
Post a Comment