Trying to juggle IM training with family and work is just totally insane. But I love it.
With kids out of school our schedules are complete chaos. I would be way more miserable WITHOUT triathlon training! I love this triathlon training.
I have been putting it together over the past week or so, with some good workouts.
From memory below (since my tracking fell apart back in mid March)
Also since these occurred more than 1 day ago I have already forgotten most of what went into each session, so I won't try and re-cap every effort....I'd be here all night trying to remember.
last Friday - Bike 6hr15 / 101 miles
Saturday - Bike 3hr / 50 miles - this was brutal... I was in complete bonk state the whole time...note to self: don't finish a hundo at 8pm the night before trying to get a 3hr ride at 5am.
Sunday - Brick: Bike 3hr / Run 1hr
Monday - Swim 3100 meters / tempo Run :45
Tuesday - Swim 3000 yards / tempo Run :54 / Bike 2hr
Wednesday - OWSwim - 1.2mi / Bike 3hr
Thur - rest day
Friday - Big Brick: Bike 7hr (126mi) / Run :55 (6.4mi)
Today's effort was awesome. I felt really good...it was super hot out at 99 F and the dew point was high - not a ton of bikers out on the trails. In addition to some gels and bars I carried with me, I also went through 10 water bottles and had 3 snickers almond bars.
Two more days to finish off week 21 of IM training...looking for a couple more checks. Today's training was the longest single session in the plan, and maybe the most important? But tomorrows run might be more difficult coming the day after...
14 comments:
You need some encouragement because you are absolutely killing it! Way to go, man! It amazes me that you can keep going. I don't think I could if I were in your shoes. Way to go! Keep up the good work.
You have really been putting up some nice training numbers. You are ready!! I can't believe IMLP is right around the bend. Very excited for you and way to keep everything in balance. That's what it's all about!
Those are insane numbers, man. Way to go!
Hats off to you, putting those numbers in and juggling the family. I am learning that right now, it's tough. Lot of really early AMs! great job! Keep on killing it!
HO. LY. JEEEZ! Those are some ridiculous numbers D, but I'm glad you're loving it and it's keeping you sane!! Hahah love your 100/50 back to back. This is what it feels like to race the MS 150! ;)
Who are you and what have you done with DRog? Dude, you are bursting with enthusiasm. Love it. Nice job rocking your training.
You are AWESOME!!! Seriously, you have come so far from those days where you struggled on a few of your workouts, very happy for you.
10 bottles of water? Holy cow! Do you stop at gas stations or something to refuel? I'm off on a long ride tomorrow in 96 degree heat and I am worried about my water intake, I can only carry 2 bottles on my bike.
I hope your family is having a fantastic summer so far and the girls are getting in tons of swimming!! Miss the girl pictures!
Keep up the great work, D - 3 more weeks, I can't believe it!
What? Are you building a house with all those bricks!?!? :)
Awesome work!
Knowing that you are using the same training plan sort of scares the shit out of me knowing this will soon be my life.
As always, awesome job. Those are some crazy numbers.
No wonder your brain is mush! Nice work. And that pic says it all :)
killer numbers!!! You're going to crush IMLP!
dude.... Dude.... DUDE!!! effin A bro... sounds like you are having a blast... i foresee some ass kicking in your future races
Great training numbers. You'll well on track. Keep up the good work.
B
Holy smokes... keep it up! :) The race is right around the corner!
Post a Comment