Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pounding it...

The hill is two blocks from my house...









Empty Spin class rooms for my Bike workouts lately....the weather still sucks here!









After last weeks Tuesday through Friday self pity party, I rallied and have turned the tables.



I had a huge post all written up last night but blogger froze on me and it didn't save as an auto draft. At just before 9pm there was no way I was going for the re-write as I was falling asleep at the computer...have no idea how people train and blog everyday. The short of it goes like this...




Friday night 1130pm - went to our local 24hr LTF club to do a hour bike and half hour brick run. I was finally able to get the check mark for the brick workout that I couldn't complete an unbelievable three attempts earlier in the day.


Saturday - 1230pm - combined the final two swim sessions of week ten into one training session, and crushed a 6000 meter swim. Technically the schedule called for 6000yards (5500 meters) but I went to a 25meter pool and did the same amount of laps, resulting in the longer swim by about 500 meters. Was really psyched to get this in. I did 60 laps of intervals and a 60 lap straight swim. Total workout was roughly 2:20.


Saturday - 9pm - back to the club for 1hr of weights and core



Sunday - 4pm - "RHR09" Hill Repeats kicked my butt. There is a perfect hill to use about a half block from our house it's a 1 minute up, and 2 minute cool down....did this 10 times combined with the 1 mile warm up was a total of about 5 miles


Sunday - 7pm - First swim of week 11 at 2550 yards. The hardest part of this workout was that it came on the heels of the 6k swim and weights the night before.

Sunday - 8pm - 1:45 steady Zone 3 Bike.



Monday - am - 1:15 bike, :30 minute brick run.

Monday - pm - Swim session two of week 11..... 2700 yards


Tuesday - am - 1:55 Bike with intervals

Tuesday - pm - Swim session three of week 11.... 2600 yards.



Over the last four days the comeback on workouts has me feeling much better and somewhat back on track. I still struggle on the bike workouts.


Friday night after getting home from my Midnight Brick workout at 2am, I put on the wetsuit I bought a couple months ago....just for fun. Can't wait to try swimming in it! After that excitement subsided, I logged onto the Ironman Lake Placid website and pulled up the 2011 Athlete Participant list to see my name.....yep, still there!

17 comments:

Emz said...

Now. This. My. Friend. Rocks.

Jason said...

Funny thing about this post is that I get asked all the time about getting up at 3am to workout and I look at your times and see 11:30p and wonder how do you do it.

Keep it up and I'm digging the new look of the blog.

Aimee said...

Way to rally back and put in an awesome week! Wooohoo!!

Chris K said...

Way to cowboy up this week D Man. Those are some serious late night workouts. Must be kinda peaceful in the gym at that hour though.

Keep up the good work.

Jon said...

I have a mini freakout every time I check that list. For some reason I never see my name right off the bat! Its there...

Way to get back into it! Keep it up! Everything going forward needs to count.

Kristin Bradfield said...

I'm highly impressed by the midnight brick! I'm with you on the whole training and blogging thing. On that note, who has time to cook, clean and look like a presentable human being as well?

valen said...

you rocked that weekend training ! awesome to do those long swim and back it up with weights!

Matthew Smith said...

Way to go on kicking it in gear again. Those are a bunch of workouts, and it makes me look like I'm not doing anything. Keep up the good work!

Matty O said...

Great job D!

Those checkmarks mean the world to me too. With my current achilles issue I was pretty darn upset to see that I have missed 2 checkmarks already :(

Its alright, I will be fine haha.

Way to play catchup!

it's all about pace said...

aye carrumba! nice training block! 6k swim? BTW I'm not a fan of the blogger editor and email in my posts.

TRI714 said...

Way to keep your head in it DrOG !

Jill said...

You are one crazy night owl! Well, whatever it takes, you just do it. Nice job!

Do you still train with the HR monitor for your runs? Just curious.

So glad to see your name wasn't pulled from the participation list! :)

And thanks tons for the birthday wishses.

Annie said...

Love it! You are, as always, kicking some serious. How do you make it to a workout at at midnight?? Now that is awesome!

Ironman By Thirty said...

Haha! Thanks for the link :)

6000meters!! Holy cow! You know the IM swim is only 2.4 miles right?

Glad to hear that you have turned the corner. Keep rocking!

As for blogging, are you on a Mac or PC? If you are on a PC, check out Windows Live Writer (or if you have Parallels for Mac). It works with Blogger and makes blogging/autosave a lot easier.

Caratunk Girl said...

ha ha I am always checking the list too. I see my name, I freak out.

93 brother. 93.

Keep rocking it.

Also, I have no idea how people blog every day. I wish I could. I can barely blog 2x/week lately, and trying to read the blogs I want to is tough too, but I make that a priority over writing.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Holy cow, nice week

Unknown said...

Holy workouts! That makes you feel good doesn't it???