Thursday, March 17, 2011
Tweaker freaker on heightened awareness
The spring meltdown has finally started...though you couldn't really tell by the above photo...yesterday 45 F was warm enough to warrant driveway hoops with no jackets! Another 50 F day today added some good snow melt. We still have a ways to go. Hanging in there with the training...I traded a 45min spin for a run earlier in the week in an effort to go easier on the body. Last week on an outdoor run I suspect I incurred a slight ankle sprain, along with some other sort of injury to the bottom of my right foot. (from the pothole I stepped in?) Now of course I am assessing it ALL DAY LONG. does it hurt? can I feel it? was that another twang? When I obsess (tweak out) about things, I get in bad shape mentally. Over the last week it's been constant attention to my foot, ankle....and now my knee and IT Band they are fine. Maybe a little sore, and slight naggy...but it's nothing. I did 6 on the treadmill yesterday and felt fine. Yet all day today, I have again been paying attention to my foot and IT Band. I need to stop !!!! This may be the perfect excuse (rationalization) for me to go get a massage:) I'm excited to be closing in toward the end of 6 weeks completed on the Ironman training schedule...which will leave me 18 weeks to go, a time frame I am familiar with for marathon training. I would really like to zero in, and add consistent core and strength workouts over the next stretch, as well as continue to try and dial in the portions I am eating. Some things I have been into lately....
Mad Men - currently on Season 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I'm sure we all go through time of obsessing with something that is not really there. I'm currently obsessed with avoiding all the sick people at work. I wish they would just all stay at home.
I know how you feel. I have the exact same problem. I rolled my ankle three times in a race a couple of weeks ago and I'm on anti-inflams. Bad news is I have a 30 km race next Sunday and don't think I can run. This will be the third time I've trained for it and not made it to the start line
I love my Kuerig too. I hate when I run out of pods, but fortunately I have the coffee grinds attachment and can utilize that as well.
Isn't it amazing what the mind can do? You can become so focused on one thing and forget about others. Hopefully that massage helps you out 100%.
18 weeks is incredible to me. I remember seeing 200+ days remaining and now this. You are going to own it.
Great photo! You'd swear you dont take care of your kids letting them go outdoors in the middle of 'winter' like that or something haha! Yay spring!
I know what you mean about the obsessive injuries. I drive myself nuts with every little 'tweak'. I try not to think about it, but it dont work lol
Obsessive? What is that LOL. I know how you are man, same way over here.
SPRING THAW YES! We have just very small piles that should be gone today! FINALLY!
How many calories are in that ice cream? LOVE coconut to begin with.
Keep the training machine going buddy. It will be here before you know it!
this is an excelllent regieme to follow:
"I would really like to zero in, and add consistent core and strength workouts over the next stretch, as well as continue to try and dial in the portions I am eating."
It is amazing how in tune we are to our bodies, just the slightiest weird feeling makes us wonder what is going on
We had a rain to help the snow melt, bad thing its rained for 3 straight days
I know exactly how you feel about obsessing over the slightest thing that happens with our body when training. It drives me crazy!!
I think a massage is definitely in order!
45? so glad i don't live where you live. not to brag, but im about to go running in 74 degrees and sunshine.
lovvveee mad men!
I want to try that coconut milk ice cream. WOW.
We had 50 degrees yesterday!!!
127
bet you wouldn't feel as beat up if you would stop the marathon runs (-:
I knew you'd love Mad Men- it is so well written and acted!
Wowza that is a lot of snow that still needs to melt!
I know how you feel about being obsessive. I am the same way with my toe now.
Love Mad Men as well. New season starts in July so you have plenty of time to catch up.
That ice cream.
Looks
Like
Heaven!!
I gotta try that Mad Men. My favorite show on TV is Breaking Bad which is the same network.
Funny how the body comes up with these little tweaky injuries out of the clear blue sky. I hate it.
I am a coffee freak, but like to grind my own.
It's so odd to see pictures of snow when we've had virtually none all winter. I'm sure we'll pay for it next winter. I've been riding my bike a ton outside the past few weeks, and it's just dry as a bone.
I've never seen Mad Men, I need something to watch while on the bike trainr, though....I have put that dang thing in my bedroom and have to step over it to get out of bed .. how sad is that?? But I don't have a DVD player in the living room so you do what you gotta do, right?
Don't drink coffee, but that "ice cream" looks like heaven!
Happy Weekend, D!!
hope the foot gets better, and think positive!
I love when 50 is warm enough to be outside without a coat on. Come July, 50 would mean that I'm in a sweatshirt and hat! It's all relative I guess.
Hope the pain is all in your head! :)
Post a Comment