Nothing like getting home and having to f'ing shovel for over an hour! F this weather. Heavy heavy wet snow. At the beginning of this month I was mentally prepared for the worst in terms of weather....and now that it's happened I'm about to snap. Or already have. The worst part about shoveling was halfway through when the pizza guy pulled up to deliver 3 pizza's to the girls inside who were having a "play-date" I did not even know that was going on, and of course doughy hot cheesy pizza does not really (in any way) conform to my gluten and dairy free focus right now!
I guess I should really be grateful I'm not in the northern suburbs who finally got the worst of it with this storm getting around 10 inches while we only got around 4. I actually truly do feel bad for the folks in Grand Forks and Fargo and all the MN communities that are facing a huge flood season.
They have already shut off some major roads in the south suburbs like hwy101 and also cty41. It's going to get ugly once it warms up.....which does not look to be for over a week as the forecast is not above mid 30's until late next week.
Enough about the weather.
Rock star training day!
I was able to knock off an hour Spin followed by a half hour Brick Run. I felt really good during both efforts.
I was also able to add an hour swim today, getting through the 3rd swim workout of the week along with some added "bonus" yardage for an even 3000 yard swim.
Ahead this weekend a long trainer ride (3hr30) and a long run (20mi.?)
22 comments:
DRog. I'm your newest follower! Kevin Neumann sent me over here with his latest post. Sorry 'bout the snow. I'm so ready for summer too. We're supposed to get some tomorrow here in Michigan. Good luck to you as you train.
Matt
go-smitty-go.blogspot.com
F this fing winter. I am so with you.
121
Derek, i feel like I should send you my condolences. That weather does F'ing suck. I had no idea it was still snowing in some places. That's how out of touch I am and so hard to believe since we've been in the low/mid 60's as a low and in the low to mid 80's as a high. Feels like we are worlds away when you take into consideration the difference in temps. I sure hope this is it for you guys so you can start riding and running outside.
Dude, Can I copy and past this post?!
Mentally this last swing really messed with me man. I threw the white flag up last night and said I am done. I can't deal with it either. We had GREAT weather the past week and then BAM take that!!!
My personal opinion, this is the last of it for us. We VERY rarely get hit after the third week of march.
To think, I almost packed my winter tights into my winter clothes bin (making room for the warm weather stuff buddy!)
I have been out of the blog world for a while. You have been kicking ass with your training. As I have said before, I could not imagine having to deal with winter like you have. Keeping my fingers crossed it is almost over!
Oh man, I can only imagine how you feel! I don’t know or understand weather like that and can just be grateful for the weather we have here. Hang in there and if it helps…our winter is on its way.
We got that mess too, over night, it was 60's during the day, talk about deflating all my mojo this morning
KC is so right, it is like we are in different countries. Well, Im in Texas so it sorta is like a different country I guess!
I wish there was a word that was nastier, more vulgar than the F-word - cause that's what I would say about this winter! Seriously. Just make it end already! I need to get outside on that bike!!!!
Honestly bro, I can't take it either for you guys. This is just f'n nuts and the fact that you held out this long before letting the George Carlin's fly is beyond me.
Come down here next winter and train with me and leave that mess behind. My wife would love to have more kids in the house and this way I won't have to pay for their college.
"...and now that it's happened I'm about to snap. Or already have."
Oh, you snapped! hehe
HOPEFULLY this will be the final curtain call for snow this year. A week ago I was out in shorts and a short sleeved jersey outside on the bike! This morning I was in most of my full winter garb on the run.
Hopefully we don't need skis @ Lake Placid ;)
way to git-r-done on the workouts... in other news it hit 87 here yesterday... :-)
We got snow again last night but nothing like you. I'm really looking forward to complaining about the heat and humidity right now.
I am laughing so hard. You had me at "FU#K THIS FU#KING"
hang in there.
I just went to the post office and sent "sunshine" {a lot of it} in your RUNEMZ shirt.
Way to rock the training, but eff that weather. Sending warm vibes your way!
F that snow! I couldn't handle it.
75 and sunny in the big D today!
Ditto.
It hasn't been as bad here as you have gotten, but it is like Mother Nature is just toying with us. Making up your freaking mind!
Um yeah, you've officially lost it! I think that's the most F words I've ever heard in one post though, so at least you get the prize for that one!
Hang in there, it's gotta melt eventually!
Unless some big global warming thingie is occurring and you're forever in frozenland. But we won't think that. Right now.
Um, move to San Diego. Run with me. Swim in the Ocean. Ride you bike along the coast. The coldest day on record is 50 deg.
I like the way you lost it... keep it firing in your gut until 150km into the bike on IM day, and it'll help you heaps!
Couldn't agree more!!!
Unfortunately I can completely relate to this snow crap. Grrrrh
Post a Comment