Morning school dropoffs this week....the kids seem totally unfazed by this winter!
Capped off the week with a good swim
I was on the treadmill last night and the Indiana / Wisconsin game came on ESPN. I thought surely this must be a first round match-up in the Big Ten tourny...nope! It was from IU campus and that means we are still another week away from BigTen hoops tourney....which means we are two weeks out from the start of the NCAA tourny...yet it's already well into the first week of March. Spring doesn't really show signs here until the Final 4 weekend. Another month at least.
This past week has been the hardest since I started the blog. Most difficult in terms of everything: family schedules, training, and work. I knew going in this might be the most brutal month of my 24 week IM training schedule....and it has started off just that way!
It looks to get more difficult over the next three weeks with kids schedules, work meetings, and worst of all...jury duty. Why can't they just enroll all of the people eligible and currently collecting unemployment to serve?
TUE.
I did the 45minute Tuesday morning Spin at LTF Bloomington, and skipped the core class after. I was also able to add a quick swim at lunch.
WED.
Best training effort of the week: At 4am I did a 1hr bike followed by a 6 mile brick run. The brick run was totally brutal. Pitch black out when I started, and subzero temps. At around mile 3 my iPod juice ran out....and by mile 4 I totally would have quit if I could have. I kept telling myself there would be a payoff for the run somewhere...and decided to set a reminder to pop on my Outlook calendar for July 22nd, a couple of days before IMLP to remind myself of this run. When I got home I was soooooo happy to be done.
THUR.
Cut short a trainer ride by 30 minutes deciding to tack the extra time onto Saturday's ride.
Cut short a treadmill run but still got in 6miles.
FRI.
Combined the last two swim workouts of the week into one session and completed 3500 yards at LTF Crosstown. I was dreading the swim before hand...and felt totally awesome when I completed it. It definitely helped erase Thursday's failed efforts.
Cutting short Thursday's run was not a huge deal since it was intended to be a bonus long run anyway. The schedule only called for a :55 min foundation run....so technically I got it in.
I have been feeling like I am lacking long runs, especially with a marathon now 8 weeks out, So I intend to go long next weekend. Still feeling off and not on top of my game but trying to hang in and stay locked on the workouts. Should be up to date by end of the weekend...
11 comments:
Seriously, you are frigging amazing. I am so impressed by getting up at 4:00 a.m. and running in that weather. You have no idea.
Accept your greatness.
I second Chris' sentiments - for not feeling it, you are sure turning in some great workouts! I love the idea of reminding yourself of a crappy run before a big event. What an awesome way to keep your motivation up.
You are doing awesome with your training! And once this craptastic weather improves, you'll probably get a nice motivation boost that will really help you ramp it up!
what Chris said.
your WED not sure I could have done it...
I love the idea of picking a future date to remind yourself of the brutal day, that's a wonderful idea! I would just need to learn Outlook :). We're switching to it at work so I will actually have no choice :).
Ok, winter can offically be over there in MN! I almost feel guilty by the lack of snow Colorado has gotten whenever I open your blog and see how much you have gotten. I hear more on the way next week too. Let's remember these days when it's too hot this summer!
You'd be proud of me, I have been on my bike and trainer all week. :P
Hang in there Derek, you got a long to manage but you're doing a fantastic job getting it all in there!!
I like your idea about the unemployed doing jury duty, because I am getting BORED!
You totally rocked your week! Way to go. There are very few people in this world who would have done that run!
Dude. You are freaking amazing. I have no idea how you do it. Seriously. Hang in there, you totally have this.
Winter, go away.
Jury duty is a pain in the A$$.
140
4 in the morning? that on top of midnight swim last week?
you're very very on to it... it'll be great when those pop ups come on Outlook, he
OMG! I love that picture because it is so typical of Minnesota winter running:) Way to get out there and get er done! Maybe you could send some of your kick butt mojo my way...please!
I hope that you have a nice weekend! Take care of you:)
D, nice work. Still amazed that you can get up at 4 am. The only time I'm awake at 4 pm is when I haven't gone to bed yet. 2 hour nap and Stace's mad, slacker. haha.
B
sheesh! whirlwind man. I will say one thing... its a bit selfish but I'll say it, right now, I am glad we don't have a family yet.
WAY too much stress man. Don't know just how you handle all of this.
Full plate, keep up the awesome work. Come race day you can look back on these brutal sessions!
Post a Comment