Hoping the race day environment helps out. Also looking forward to trying out my new kicks...
Saucony Cortana's. There is a little more to them than the Mirage shoes I have used in two of my marathons this year, I think more shoe suits me a little better than the minimalist shoe.
Also looking forward to using these...
Also looking forward to using these...
Since the Ironman I have basically been on no schedule, and just figure out what I am going to do each day for training.
I have fallen short of my diet and nutrition goals for the past three months, but have really hung in there for a decent showing of workouts and basically minimal weight gain....piecing it together just enough to do the marathon two weeks ago, and also to have a shot at a decent half in seven days.
After the half marathon I look forward to hitting it hard for two months of serious training before the new year when I will start to follow a Fitzgerald triathlon training plan again. I feel like if I can hammer great training doing whatever I want for two months before starting a plan, I'll be in a excellent position to get triathlon race ready for 2012. With a race schedule to be determined...there are a lot of options for how to approach the year!
11 comments:
OMG..I seriously cannot imagine 40 bags of leaves! Wow!!!
I think you deserve to have no schedule and just do what you want! You trained hard for your IM and deserve a break!
Good luck with your 1/2 mary!! :)
Raking = cross training
Good luck with your half! Which one are you doing? If you need to stock up on Gu or anything, you know where to find me! There all day tomorrow 12-5.
BRING IT!
Omg that is waay too many leaves! And will you get another 40 bags each time? This is where I'd write a check and have some do it for me. ;)
Good luck at the half. What's the plan for next season?
You give me great motivation to make a great plan for myself. I like your plan! Yard work is tough, but it's so rewarding too. Good luck with the half.
We are starting up another round of P90X Jan1st. Very curious how the P90X+ videos are though :)
Wait a second... the leaves fall and have to get cleaned up? CRAP! haha. Just started our cleanups as well. Took me almost all day Saturday to get my accounts done. Ugh. Hate fall, but hate winter more ;)
Enjoy the race man, don't push too hard if you dont' have the base (no injuries!).
40 Bags!!!! I was just looking at my yard and was thinking its about time to clean up the leaves.
I like P90X
I hate leaves!! I have one tree that will not drop it's leaves until December - a big cottonwood tree - so I find it pointless to bag leaves until the spring since I have to do it again then anyway. Just not into the yard like I used to be.
I have the Cortanas which I use for my long runs. Love the low heel-drop. I use the Kinvaras for my shorter runs.
I will have to pick up Fitz's book on tri training if I ever do the tri ;), I love all his books and am a HUGE fan of his Brain Training for Runners.
Looking forward to hearing what's on your 2012 plate... :)
I'm semi jealous of your 40 bags of leaves. Yes, I know that sounds crazy, but our big maple tree is still green. That means that I haven't had to rake leaves at all yet. It also means that by the time leaves actually fall, it is going to be even colder out. Crap. I need to develop a way to just suck them off the tree and straight into the bags.
Good luck with the P90X. Do your best, forget the rest.
D.
40 freaking bags? REALLY?
I would love to have those to just put in my garden. Nothing better than leaf mold to attract worms which are rockstars of the garden...
I just started training again yesterday. I ran 3 miles. You have done way more than me in the "offseason"
SO anyway, it is good to get going again I guess, I was reacting negatively to a schedule again, but now I am accepting it.
40 bags? Do you live on 800 acres of land or do you have London Fog trees? We had them in NY and they just drop leaves all day long and don't seem like they run out of leaves.
BTW - it probably doesn't seem as bad this year b/c you are not in the middle of a training cycle for an Ironman.
Post a Comment