In any case, from this day forward I agree not to run any more than the schedule calls for.
I was looking ahead in the plan last Thursday night and noticed there is only one long run of 3hr or more the final 10 weeks, and the entire plan for that mattter. I decided that meant I could do a long run this weekend, and yesterday set out for 22.
I started the day with a 1hr bike.
Then with an extended transition of about 30 minutes shoved out the door for a long run. I was contemplating ditching the idea after looking at the radar, but decided to just go for it. It was awesome, I ended up having one of my strongest long runs ever.
Actually this makes my last four runs over 20miles really good ones, including the marathon on 4/30 which I nearly negative split. Yesterday my final 10k with hills was my strongest part of the run. I ended up with 22 miles in 3:04.
Next long run of 3hr is not until July3rd...over a month! (there are a handful of 2.5hr runs) In the meantime the IM training plan looks to get insane. This upcoming week should be difficult and I'm looking forward to the workouts.
To celebrate yesterday's long run, last night I went to the pool for a 3000 meter swim. Totally overcast day I had the entire outdoor pool to myself...was great. So great that with cloudy overcast skies I am heading over there right now.....
11 comments:
You are so funny!! You can totally stick to the plan my guess is the run is going to be your strong point at this race.
54.
PS my blog moved. caratunkgirl.com in case you were looking for me ;) Ya know, someone to count down to IMLP with! ;)
DRog, that run was awesome. 22 in 3:04. You get down with you bad self. Nice job, nice attitude, nice commitment to your plan.
Heck yeah! That was an awesome run! You're going to smoke this IM. Way to keep up the good work.
Keep rocking it!
Those solid long runs are going to pay dividends at LP. Get through the swim and bike and you will be picking off the competition left and right on the run.
Don't do anymore running than the plan recommends. If you do anything extra do it on the bike. Hell, drop one swim a week and do an extra bike!
awesome job man. I am trying to stick to our plan, but I can't run, so I am getting creative now haha.
I SO want an outdoor pool to swim in. Has to feel just awesome and like you are no longer "caged" indoors.
Keep up the good work, pay off is quickly approaching :)
Listen to Jeff. I am learning big time that I am making up a lot of lost ground on the bike right now and my ass is literally paying for it!
I agree with Jeff and Jon, work on the bike if you want to do extra
this endurnace stuff is a journey... not a crossword puzzle... break some rules and have fun... sounds like you are doing just that.
Well, it appears you didn't break anything :) and you had an awesome run, so I think it was a successful change in the plan! I'm totally in awe of your power, you always always inspire me!!!
YAY for sticking to the "plan".
I'm with Jill.
you are amazing.
truly.
Way to go on ALL of the training.
Post a Comment