Sunday, May 6, 2012

It lived up to its billing....got the FINISH at IMSG

What a day
I'll be back to post a race report later in the week ... this time probably a full on RR instead of my usual lame shortie recap....it was an unbelievable day. I saw, felt, experienced a ton.

I heard from a volunteer that 300 or so had to get pulled out of the water...and another 300 or so didn't make the bike cut because of the winds. It sounds like 1450 actual athletes toed the line so if true this would be nearly a 50% fallout rate.

result - 11:52:32
Swim - 1:10
t1 - 5:52
Bike - 6:15
t2 - 3:30
Run - 4:18

rank - 36th in AG
157th overall

here is a quote from Ben Hoffman this year's 2012 IMSG Champion
from the Salt Lake Trib...

"Ben Hoffman says it was the hardest thing he’s ever done in his life."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/54054992-77/race-george-didn-ironman.html.csp



gotta run....have a date with a Sportsbook in Vega$! :) :) :)

15 comments:

Butch said...

AWESOME JOB BRO!!!!!! Sounds like on heck of a tough day. That course is hard to begin with, with the winds and waves it must have been crazy. Although your swim time was pretty amazing in those conditions. Actually all your times were great! The run, awesome. To break 12 hours at ST George is a major accomplishment. Kudo's. Can't wait to read the race report.

B

The Triathlon Rx said...

You know how many people would kill to have an 11:XX Ironman finish, even withOUT crazy conditions?!?! Lots. That's how many. Looking forward to the RR, and until then make sure you're getting your own R&R!

Come visit GEAR some Sunday when you're back in town! :)

Jamie said...

Way to go D! I followed IMStG on twitter and wow...mental and physical toughness you have beyond a doubt!

Matthew Smith said...

What? That is a beastly race! You're the man! I can't wait for the full report!!!!

Jill said...

You ROCK!!! That's all I can say right now...you ROCK!

valen said...

great effort mate... CONGRATULATIONS!

Heather said...

Wow, congratulations! Looking forward to the race recap! Good luck in Vegas. :)

Bryonman said...

Way to go DRog!

Experience and training paid off for you yesterday.

I was pulled from the water - but opted to finish the course - and thus I have the medal, I've done a 140.6 day AND I ran my first ever marathon. All good things.

Simon said...

Yeah I second what Bryan said, all I hear about that race is how hard it is and that's in good conditions.

Great job buddy, really looking forward to hearing the full report. In the meantime TAKE IT EASY, you've earned it.

Jon said...

You are THE MAN!!! Congrats on Ironman #2!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read your write up with all the carnage.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats!! I heard about how brutual the conditions were

Ironman By Thirty said...

Congrats!

Can't wait to hear all the gory details!

it's all about pace said...

Well done!

Jason said...

Congrats on a great race.

Very tough conditions out there and you still conquered it. Can't wait for the report on the SportsBook.....I mean the race.